Your safety while staying with us is our number one priority. These are just some of the key measures we will be taking to ensure your safety and that of our team:
- If you are feeling under the weather, please cancel your reservation.
- We will be taking guests’ temperature on arrival. If your temperature is 38 degrees or above, unfortunately you will be declined entry and your deposit refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
- Our team will not come to work should they feel unwell and they are all temperature checked on arrival at work.
- We will clean our bedrooms with extra care and they will be sanitised.
- There will be no in-room cleaning service during your stay.
- We have designated staff members who clean all touch points on a regular basis throughout the hotel and restaurant.
- Our chefs and kitchens have introduced even stricter health, hygiene and safety measures than usual.
- All our restaurant tables are distanced appropriately.
- Guests will receive a pre-arrival email explaining all the procedures for checking in and out of the hotel, to ensure social distancing is observed at all times.
- Menus will only be available on a single use basis, digitally or displayed on blackboards.
- For your and their protection, contact with our staff will be kept to an absolute minimum and they will be well trained in any interaction with guests.
- We have removed non-essential items, such as cushions and throws, to minimise any contamination risk.
- Please keep dogs on a lead.
- You will be asked to clear your glasses and plates to one end of table.
- Please allow time for us to clean and sanitise between use.
- Once allocated a table please do not move - maximum of 6 people per table.
- Social distancing has been relaxed to 1 metre but try and maintain 2 meters whenever possible
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have enhanced our standards to a new level across all aspects of our hotel operations and confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk in the workplace.
Changes implemented are based on guidance received from HM Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality. Due to the changing nature of this advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed above may change without notice.
Please be mindful that the hotel is also a pub and open to locals.